Monday, December 14, 2009

Sing. . . sing a song. . .


Excerpt from December 14th email:
"Today as a Zone we went and sung in a rest home. It was really fun and involved a lot of clapping. It was really funny because almost everything that was said deserved applause. At one point one of the elders asked why we celebrate the Navidad and one of the women responded, "for the divino niño" and the director said, "muy bien, aplausa!" and we all started clapping. Then the elder asked if anyone there had read the bible...Pedro had...applause again! It was really fun and they seemed to really like it...well, almost everyone. One of the ladies (who is 104 years old) screamed during almost all of our singing...there may have been a few swear words, and it was awesome. To calm her down they gave her a lolipop, and a little massage...All in all it was a fun way to bring the spirit of Christmas.
I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ, who came into the world to bring hope and establish a Gospel of peace. Last night in the Christmas devotional the Mo-Tab sung "O Holy Night" and it made me tear up a bit...I love my Savior, I love serving Him in this wonderful work. I hope we can all let him in even more this year. Love you all!"

No comments: