Monday, September 7, 2009

Birthday Fun!

Excerpt from September 7th email:
Thank you so much for the birthday wishes and love. I had a really great day yesterday, still can´t believe I am 23…where does the time go? I feel like just last week I was celebrating my birthday at Chuck-e-Cheese, or eating a lemon tart in France… Yesterday when I got to church I was bombarded with hugs and kisses from all the members, and then Nora ran up to me and gave me a wrapped gift. Earlier in the week I had explained that we don´t usually carry water around with us because it is really heavy and lots of people give us water…so she gave me a thermos. Doesn´t solve the heavy problem, but it was the sweetest thing and I am sure I will use it, despite it´s bulkiness. Then after church, some of the members prepared a lunch for me of empanadas, milanesa and pizza with tuna. To finish it off they sang “Feliz Cumpleaños” and gave me a cake with a paper towel candle…super sweet, I felt very loved."

No comments: