Monday, January 11, 2010

New Mini Missionary and the Great Plan of Happiness


Excerpt from January 11th email:

"Things here are good, it was a really hot week and today we had a pretty killer rain storm. We were lucky to get caught outside when the downpour came...the thunder and lightning here is incredible and after five minutes of walking in the rain we were up to our ankles in muddy water. I liked it.


Hna. Tau is great, we get a long really well...she is only 17, but she really opened up with the people this week and is doing a pretty good job calling them all to repentance.. It just seems a lot less harsh when coming from someone who is still in high school I guess, it works for her."
"Tonight we are going to teach Mabel about the Plan of Salvation. She was a reference from some elders who she stopped in the street. She explained to them that her husband had died 5 days earlier and she wanted to see him again. they gave us her address and information and we went and visited her to put another appointment, she is great. She is someone truly prepared at this time to accept the Gospel. I feel like the Lord is really blessing me at this time in my mission, because Mabel isn't the first reference we have received that is really prepared, or has a lot of potential. I am so glad for the Gospel and the joy and comfort it brings, even in times of extreme pain and suffering. We had zone conference this week and it was great. The focus was on our Savior Jesus Christ and developing attributes that He has. Presidente del Castillo challenged us to read the entire Book of Mormon before the first week in April, marking all the references that there are to the Savior, I am only in 1st Nephi and it's pretty incredible what I have already marked.. The conference was really nice, I needed to remember who it is I represent at this time and what I am here for. To be like Him, we must also know Him"

No comments: